This morning, Michelle made an appearance on NBC Charlotte’s Charlotte Today showcasing her Mother’s Day Gift Guide, from DIY to what-to-buy.
We had ideas for every kind of mom! Whether your mom is a breakfast lover mom, coffee lover mom, last-minute mom, party mom or a fashionista mom…
Breakfast Mom: Fruity Pebbles Belgian Waffle
Flashback to childhood with Fruity Pebbles Belgian Waffles! This idea is fun for the kids and mom, which makes dad’s life easier. Best part, this gift is under $5, but full of love! See the recipe (with bananas if desired) from Postfoods.com below.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons baking powde
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil for waffle maker
Whipped Banana Topping:
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping
- 1/4 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
For the waffles:
- Preheat waffle iron. In a food processor, grind cereal into a fine powder. In a large bowl combine flour, ground cereal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a blender or food processor combine bananas, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and oil. Process until smooth. Gradually stir banana mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Lightly brush waffle iron grids with oil. Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron. Cook until crisp and golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter to make a total of four waffles.
For the topping:
- In a blender or food processor, process banana slices and lemon juice until smooth. Fold thawed whipped topping into banana mixture.
- Cut waffle in half and top with a dollop of the whipped banana topping and a sprinkle of Fruity Pebbles cereal.
Coffee Mom: Keurig 2.0 Brewing System
A sleek brewer for the coffee loving mom is the Keurig 2.0 Brewing System. Everything can be done at the touch of a button and the system comes with its own craft. It also comes in different colors – marsala is the color of the year! The Keurig 2.0 runs at about $200. Make sure to include an extra special mug for mom as well!
Last-Minute Mom: Basket of On-the-Go Goodies
Like mother like child. If you end up getting a gift last minute, why not channel the act into an idea. A basket of on-the-go goodies such as an Outback Steakhouse gift card, socks and pampering items is both a practical and fun gift for mom. The cost of this idea can be as little as $30.
Party Mom: Tunes and Perfume
Every party mom wants to listen to good music and smell good! For the tunes, make your mom a party playlist on a CD, or whichever music playing device preferred. For the perfume, an amazing fragrance to buy for mom is Signature Eau de Parfum by Jessica Simpson. Jessica made it with the woman’s life journey in mind. Mists of white chocolate, vanilla bean and citrus…beautiful! A bottle of Signature Eau de Parfum is $49.
Fashionista Mom: Miracle Links from Kay Jewelers
If a gift can make mom look fancy while representing the the loves of her life (her kids of course!), it’s gold (or diamond…or silver)! Miracle Links is a new necklace from Kay Jewelers with lovely jewel-encrusted rings that represent mom and each of her children. Miracle Links range from anywhere between $179 to $1,000.