So…you took my advice from last week’s post and went on a little adventure to pick some fresh apples, huh? Whether you brought the young ones or just your significant other – I’m sure you had a fantastic, apple filled day. … Continue reading
So you’re not so sweet for sweet potato, huh? Or maybe have some deep connection with toast. Don’t lie; I know the toast filter on Snapchat is your favorite. Toast has always been there for you. Growing up, it held … Continue reading
Here in the United States conforming to a healthier lifestyle, like cooking clean and exercising regularly, is steadily growing. If you’re one of the many people that “have joined forces with the healthy side,” you know the struggle is real … Continue reading
Ok I am obsessed with this idea. I mean talk about the perfect way to combine 2 perfect breakfast foods. Obviously hubby will be ALL OVER IT.
- Buttermilk Pancake batter
- 12 slices of bacon (I like the Smithfield thick cut)
- Maple syrup
- Make the Buttermilk Pancake Batter either from a box or follow the recipe at the bottom of this post.
- Pour the batter into a squeeze bottle with a big enough hole for the batter to pour from, and cut the tip a little bigger so it’s easier to pour.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray and spray to medium heat, about 300 degrees F.
- “Draw” the pancake batter in a long oval shape onto the griddle, a tiny bit bigger than your cooked bacon slices—it will expand, so be careful not to make them too large. Place a slice of cooked bacon in the center of each pancake, and gently press bacon into the batter.
- Squirt more batter on top of each bacon slice, in a zig-zag pattern, so that you don’t end up overcooking the bacon when it touches the griddle.
- Cook until the batter bubbles up then flip until golden brown.
- Serve hot with syrup and butter.
Buttermilk Pancake Batter Recipe:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Start with room temperature ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk room-temperature buttermilk, milk and eggs, vanilla extract and melted butter. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until it’s just blended, being careful not to over stir the batter. You want your batter to remain fairly thick.
- Spray a griddle or frying pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high heat.
- Using a 1/2-cup measuring cup, pour the batter onto the griddle or frying pan. Brown on both sides and serve hot.